Transport Canada Small Craft Regulations

A number of people have been asking about the Transport Canada regulations.  Here is the link to the TC website:
Also attached is a summary sheet for canoe/kayaks and "sealed-hull" (Stand Up Paddle Boards) and sit on top kayaks.  Please also note the special comments at the bottom of the page that refers to flares and radar reflectors.


For those operating a craft over 6 m (19' 5") you do need a watertight flashlight.  Also note that a paddle isn't listed as a requirement anymore (it is assumed you have it with your craft).